background

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

We spent our Memorial Day weekend at the river. On Saturday, after I got home from work, we took the boys out to Long County to the landing for them to swim awhile, then went over to Adamson's Fish Camp where they could play with my BFF's daughter, Olivia. They enjoyed swimming all afternoon, and I was more than happy to get home that evening so I could chill out (in the AC) for awhile myself.

On Sunday, we went to Old Camp in Tattnall, which is where I grew up.  My daddy actually had his work detail clean the camp up almost 30 years ago, and that is where we always went to swim & camp.  Now, my boys get to do the same.  I love it there.



The river stage was perfect.  My boys were able to get out in the water without me being worried about the current taking them under, or it being too deep.  Even in the middle of the water, it only came up to about their thighs.  Gentry prefers to stay on the sandbar, but does go in for a cool down every now & then.  Jubal likes to stay in the water.




After Jubal's friend, Alex, arrived, I wasn't able to get any motionless pics of him.  Ha! He had the best time playing with all of the little boys down at the river that day.  Larson grilled some pork chops.  We had drinks and snacks, and watermelon.  It was a good day.




I thought surely the boys would go home and take a nap, but they never did get tired until their normal bed time.  I was exhausted.  Thankfully, I was off Monday so we slept in until 9, then it was more playing outside.  It was hot, and when my boys ask to go inside because of the heat, you know it is.

Larson took off at lunch and we spent the rest of the day together, grilling hamburgers and going to Darla's house for some much needed adult talk time.  I always love getting to sit on her porch and just talk for awhile.

All in all, it was a good weekend.  Needless to say, we didn't forget why we were celebrating.  We are all very thankful for the men and women who have given their lives for our country.  Hope everyone had a safe & happy holiday.



Photobucket