background

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to, but it was still spent with my boys on Sunday, so I guess that's a winner anyway. :)

 Saturday was the Glennville Onion Festival. My place of employment usually has an entry in the parade and we get to ride in it, but this year my boss didn't participate. So, I had to work while Larson took the boys to see the parade from the other perspective. Instead of them being in the parade, they got to watch it from the sidelines.

They loved it!  Larson sent me pictures throughout the parade and kept me updated on how much fun the boys were having, so that helped my feelings some.  I so wish I could have been there.

Getting ready for the parade to start.  They found them a good shady spot.

The boys got a whole plastic grocery bag full of candy.  They just thought that was the best thing ever.  They got to see people they don't get to see every day, and got loved on by several.

Ms. Jordyn & the boys.  She was both of the boys' K-2 teacher before she went on to bigger things.

My BFF, Darla, and her bunch riding in the parade.  She is the Mrs. Toombs County CARES Queen.

As bad as I wish I was there with them, I know they had fun  because I got to hear all about it when I got home.  They were so tickled about getting to watch it this year.








**********

Sunday, all I really wanted to do was lay around and be lazy, but once again, duty calls.  I don't get breaks.  Ha!  I got up and started washing clothes and picking up the house.  We set the water slide back up and let the boys play again. Larson's mama, sister, and her little boy, as well as my mama all came over and we grilled some hot dogs and ate some watermelon.  I eventually went inside to kick back in my recliner.  I just needed some rest, and besides, it was "my" day, too, and that's what I wanted to do.

Everyone started going home, and the boys came inside around 4:00.  We all took a wonderful nap, and ate leftover hot dogs for supper so I didn't have to cook or clean the kitchen.  Yay for me! :)

Even though I was still busier than I would have liked to be, I was with the two little boys who made me a mama, and that's really all that Mother's Day is about, right? :)


Photobucket